Saturday, November 13, 2010

Mr. D and I are going on our first date since baby was born today!

We were going to make it dinner, but decided we'd rather just go do lunch and a movie or something. Although there really aren't any movies out that we'd like to see, so who knows what we'll do. I do know there will be a steak involved. A bloody steak, since I couldn't have that when Baby D was still incubating.

I am very excited for date night. I explained to Baby D that moms and dads sometimes need to leave babies with a sitter (in this case, Grandma) so they can go have time alone and stay in love. I realize she probably has no idea what I'm saying, but it makes me feel less guilty for going out and having a good time without her, haha.

Baby D is getting smarter and bigger and more beautiful every day. She is able to reach for things and grab them. She smiles. She's ALMOST laughing. She tries to stick everything in her mouth. I love the face she makes when she sticks something in her mouth that apparently tastes bad. I can't wait until it's time to introduce solids and we get to give her new foods and see the faces she makes when she likes them and hates them! Right now, it's just momma's milk, though, and she still always looks like she's an addict who finally got their fix every time she eats it. And I love that :)

I thought I'd be able to type out a long post, since she was working away in her play gym, but she had different plans and is "yelling" at me, so nevermind!

No comments:

Post a Comment