Sunday, November 21, 2010

Why is making a baby laugh so hard? Ok, for you, it might be really easy. But Baby D doesn't really laugh. She does an excited coo and smiles really big (which melts my freaking heart every single time), but no laugh-out-louds. If she could text or chat online, she would never be able to say "LOL," but might be able to say "COL (coo out loud, for those not in the know)," and still only sometimes. Don't get me wrong, she talks ALL of the time, but laughing? Nope. We've tried everything. Things that, if they were caught on camera, could be used to blackmail me because I look like such a moron.

Still, no laughs. And that's ok, I can be patient. I'm not one of those moms that has to compete with other moms (so what Baby D isn't rolling over? I'm not concerned at all about that), but COME ON, LAUGH ALREADY! I just want it for my own selfish reasons, because I know it's going to kill me with joy every time she does it.

Today is a beautiful Fall day - probably the last nice day of the year. We're hanging out in the living room with the shades open & even a window is open as well. The sun is shining in, the wind is blowing through, and Baby D is shaking the rattle on her play gym and talking to the whale hanging above her. It's such a perfect day that I suppose I can do without a laugh and just appreciate that beautiful voice! And so I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment