Friday, June 25, 2010

Doctor's Appointment

I had my 34 week appointment yesterday! It went well. The standard two-minute in-and-out visit with my OB.

I'm measuring "perfectly," (I still don't really know how they tell that just by measuring my stomach on the outside, but that's ok) and had good blood pressure. My pee looks great (when you're pregnant, the nurses and doctors love to analyze your pee).

However, you know it's a bad sign when your doctor walks in the room, does a double take when she sees you, and then says "I don't say this very often, but I'm actually concerned you will run out of room in there." She was joking, but seriously - I think I'm running out of room. This baby feels like it's trying to break my ribs. They're in a constant state of pain. I was actually writhing around the bed moaning last night while trying to watch TV. And not because I was having fun with Mr. D. The pain was just that intense.

When you're 4'11" and your husband is 6'5", your baby doesn't fit so well.

Anyway, I finally ballsed up and made an appointment with a chiropractor on Monday. My doctor just keeps telling me that the pain will go away when the baby is born, so I've been popping Tylenol sometimes and hoping it goes away. I'm tired of doing that, so hopefully the chiropractor can help me. I've been saying for two weeks I should make an appointment, but rationalizing putting it off, thinking "I only have 6 weeks left, I can stick it out!" I'm done with that attitude.

I hope the chiropractor helps, but if not, I will just keep in mind that this baby is SO worth any pain I am experiencing. It could break every single rib in my body and I would still love it so freaking much.

No comments:

Post a Comment