Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Welcome!

I am 7 months late, but finally starting a blog chronicling my pregnancy. I'm due in 8 weeks, so, yeah, pretty late. I just figured that the blog will continue my journey into motherhood once Baby D arrives.

I'm 32 weeks pregnant as of today. The most common question a pregnant woman is asked "Is it a boy or a girl?!" Well, we don't know if it's a boy or a girl. We decided to wait. 90% of people think this is absolutely insane. My argument is that there are so few surprises left in life, that why not wait and be surprised when the baby comes into the world? To this, I usually get people saying "Well when you find out at 20 weeks, it's still a surprise!" Yes, but not as built up, so not as exciting to me. I don't think you are crazy for wanting to know, so don't think I'm crazy for not!

People are most appalled because they can't imagine what the baby is going to wear when s/he comes. They do make clothes that aren't blue or pink, I promise! Plus, it's going to be a summer baby, so it can come home naked and still be warm, right?

The second most common question pregnant women are asked is "How are you feeling?" Nobody really wants to know. They just feel like they should ask. I can never tell if they want me to tell them I feel great, or if they WANT me to be miserable and are disappointed when I tell them I feel fine.

The truth is, I've had an AMAZING pregnancy. Very lucky so far. I had no morning sickness. Well, actually, I got sick twice. Once I'm pretty sure was because I took a vitamin on an empty stomach and it made me throw up. The other time I was out in public with my husband's grandmother and my body decided to evacuate all of its fluids at various stops on the way back to my house. I truly thought I was going to die. Not from the sickness, but from mortification - my husband's grandmother came into the restroom at one point and yelled at me "Are you having diarrhea?" Thanks, grandma.

BUT, the past few weeks my ribs have been in so much pain I've THOUGHT I might throw up. I'm thinking about going to a chiropractor, but need to discuss it with my doctor first. When you're pregnant, you need your doctor's permission to do everything. To eat certain foods, drink things, take medicines, lift things, go places, use face wash... the list is never ending.

I go back to the doctor on Thursday, so Friday hopefully I can go get my ribs popped into place. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment